Just try to Live & Love..

Minggu, 17 November 2013

A Wonderful Chance, and Million Lesson :)

I have this short story..

So, this morning I was volunteering for a children coloring competition. There were so many kids came with their parents, bought a pallet of expensive crayons, mini table, and dressed cute.
After about an hour it passed, I realized that there's a girl staring to snacks, souvenirs and presents I prepared for the participants..wearing filthy clothes, looked tired and yearn.
So I asked her, "what are you doing here?"
She answered, "can you give me one of these?"
And then I realized she's a beggar..
My friends whispered, "no, she can't. She's not joining the competition", well cause the rule is we can only give those to anyparticipant kid.
So I told her, "why don't you join the competition? So we can give you this."
My friends said, "she doesn't even have any crayon"
And I tell her, "I would buy you one.."
Then I gave her this coloring pencils, she seemed excited and started to coloring her draw. At the rear seat, without table, without parents, but she did it passionately..
Suddenly, there were a boy and a toddler approached her, turns out they are this girl's brother and sister. She told 'em she's joining the competition so she can give themselves some prizes. Her bro and lil sist seemed also excited to hear that, so they just sit there behind this girl, wait patiently and supported their sister.
Just for a small souvenir.....it broke my heart.
After she finished, I told her, "don't forget to write down your name, dear"
She replied, "okay. Kak, do you know, I learned to write at home..I don't go to school"
it made me really sad, and I said, "yeah, I know..and you are the smart kid..anyway, where's ur mom?"
She answered, "I don't know..probably at some traffic light, looking for money"
..and I was like..almost tear up.
The reality that she takes care of herself alone kills some part of me.
And unpredictably, she returned the coloring pencils I gave her, safe and sound.
Then I gave her the souvenir and snacks as I promised. This girl, her bro and lil sist seemed happy.
I looked at her draw, not as good as the other kids, but in my eyes..you are the winner, girl.
After she left, my another friend asked me, "why didn't you just give her the souvenir and snacks directly? I think it would be fine if you just steal one for her."
I answered..
"No, I wanted to teach her this life lesson..that we have to fight first before we get what we want.
And so did she..taught me how to be tough" :)

hold on, kid. you have no idea how brave you will be


*

And at the other side, today was also interesting for me..
Well, the competition I said above was the first part of my job in this event..
btw, it's kinda hard for me to decide who's the winner :p


My second thing to do is accompanying some Veteran from my country..
#SejutaBungaUntukPahlawan 

Rasa syukur dapat berkontribusi dalam acara yang merangkul para pejuang Indonesia menuju kemerdekaan. Tak lupa pesan salah satu dari mereka, "Nak, jadilah penerus bangsa yang baik."


*

So I thank God, for such a good day I had.



Regards,
Pishella Suryoputri